In my opinion, the bathroom is one of the most important areas in a crib. Bathrooms need to be relaxing and comfortable. When a person use the bath, it retreats for a few moments of calm and peace, especially when using the bathtub. To create a great bathroom, a designer should consider the following aspects:
- The space. Obviously the spacious baths are more comfortable and more sophisticated. Even the space doesn’t permit to create the bath of your dreams, you should organize the it as best as you can. Eliminate the useless cabinets and replace the tub with a shower cabin. Use a big mirror to create the illusion of big, spacious bathroom.
- The functionality. Don’t decorate with all kind of stuff, just because it is modern. Try to make the bath a utilitarian space. Keep it simple and clean.
- The colors. Choose carefully the colors. I prefer the green, the blue combined with yellow and pink combined with white. Avoid to mix too many colors, because the purpose is to create harmony and peaceful decors.
- The style. Considering the crib’s style, a designer would recommend the most appropriate bath style. I mean it won’t look nice to have a traditional bath in a completely modern house.
- The lightning. The natural light brings more calm in a bathroom. The question is: How can you use natural light without sacrificing the privacy? I think if the bathroom is located at the top floor a designer could use a frosted window without problems. For baths that don’t have windows, many spots and lamps can do the job.